Wednesday, November 11, 2015

November 9 by Colleen Hoover

November 9 by Colleen Hoover

Beloved #1 New York Times bestselling author Colleen Hoover returns with an unforgettable love story between a writer and his unexpected muse.

Fallon meets Ben, an aspiring novelist, the day of her scheduled cross-country move. Their untimely attraction leads them to spend Fallon’s last day in L.A. together, and her eventful life becomes the creative inspiration Ben has always sought for his novel. Over time and amidst the various relationships and tribulations of their own separate lives, they continue to meet on the same date every year. Until one day Fallon becomes unsure if Ben has been telling her the truth or fabricating a perfect reality for the sake of the ultimate plot twist.
 

☆(☆)

     This book gutted me. From the first line, the story entrapped me and I could not stop reading. I will never understand how it is possible for all of Colleen Hoover's books to be this perfect. Every book of hers that I go into, I come out with a feeling of amazement and love. And November 9 blew my mind.

     The story was perfect. There was nothing predictable and we were right there by the characters as time went on. I loved the little bit of book-ception that was in the novel with us reading Colleen's November 9, and Ben and Fallon's November 9. And aside from the whole November 9 theme being totally genius, I liked how Fallon's past also played a huge part in the story and in both character's development. Every little detail came together at the end and completed the beautiful love story of a puzzle. Another feature of the plot that I liked was the huge gaps between each meeting. I don't think there are a lot of people who could pull those off without leaving the audience extremely confused, but then again, Colleen Hoover is a love story wizard.

     Another perfect aspect to this book were the characters. They were very different from what I had expected in a good way. Fallon was more complex and raw than I would have thought. Her character development was apparent by her first meeting with Ben and she didn't stop evolving until the end. To me, she really represented a huge issue today of accepting yourself and seeing yourself as perfect. Because after Fallon accepted herself, forgive the cliché, she blossomed. 

     And like Fallon, Ben had a rough start, a huge secret, a passion, and so much love in his heart. I loved how he didn't bother hiding his emotions and showered her with so much love, especially when she needed it. And on top of that, I really enjoyed reading the story from his point of view. There are so many things that both of them struggled with, but there was something about Ben's perspective that is so captivating.

     If I had to describe this book in one word, it would be emotion. There were so many different emotions in this book and I felt them all along with the characters. There was sadness, anger, confusion, hurt, laughter, happiness, bliss, confusion, angst, and passion. There were so many layers in this book and as you read, they peeled themselves back to reveal the entirety of November 9.




Links: 



xxo
butterfly out,
A