Sunday, July 5, 2015

Ride Steady by Kristen Ashley

Ride Steady by Kristen Ashley

The ride of her life . . . Once upon a time, Carissa Teodoro believed in happy endings. Money, marriage, motherhood: everything came easy---until she woke up to the ugly truth about her Prince Charming. Now a struggling, single mom and stranded by a flat tire, Carissa's pondering her mistakes when a vaguely familiar knight rides to her rescue on a ton of horsepower.

Climb on and hold tight . . . 
In high school, Carson Steele was a bad boy loner who put Carissa on a pedestal where she stayed far beyond his reach. Today, he's the hard-bodied biker known only as Joker, and from the way Carissa's acting, it's clear she's falling fast. While catching her is irresistible, knowing what to do with her is a different story. A good girl like Carissa is the least likely fit with the Chaos Motorcycle Club. Too bad holding back is so damned hard. Now, as Joker's secrets are revealed and an outside threat endangers the club, Joker must decide whether to ride steady with Carissa---or ride away forever . . .

☆ (☆)

"This was it. Him and me. Joker and Carrie. Carson and Carissa. Connecting. Finally,"
- Kristen Ashley

     This book made me cry, it was so beautiful. I am a huge fan of Kristen Ashley and have read every book she has written, and she did not disappoint with this one. The only way I can describe this book is as a love story. This is the definition of a love story. From the very first page I was captivated in this story and that wonder didn’t go away. I didn’t think it was possible for Kristen Ashley’s books to get better, but it did.

     I adored Joker. I fell in love with his character in the prologue. It was obvious from the start was qualities he had and despite his home environment, it was clear that he was going to come out strong. And throughout the book, that is what he is. His personality was so likable, but he wasn’t exactly soft. He was still total biker, but there was so much of his soft side that we got to see. It was a perfect mix of both. Regarding Carissa, she kinda surprised me at the beginning. Her personality was a lot different than I expected, but she grew on me. With everything that was going on with Aaron, she was remarkably strong and she and Joker worked so well together. Their relationship gives the term high school sweethearts a whole new beautiful meaning. 

     The storyline was out of this world amazing. There’s just so much going on and though it was so complex, it still made sense and was a lot of fun to read. So many of my favorite characters made a reappearance and I loved Joker’s family. This book just had everything you could want in a romance biker novel. 

     My mind is still in the “I can’t believe it” mode, so to quickly end this review, go buy this book. Like do not hesitate. Just buy it, read it, and love it.


Links:



xxo, 
A