Sunday, June 14, 2015

Arrow's Hell by Chantal Fernando

Arrow's Hell by Chantal Fernando

Being the younger sister of a Wind Dragons MC member isn’t as great as you’d think it would be.

I can’t escape the details of my brother’s exploits.
No one tells me anything. 
Men who know who I am tend to stay away from me.

And worst of all:
The members of the MC are off-limits.

When Arrow catches my eye, I make it my mission to make him happy again. 

When I fall head over heels in love with him, I just hope he will be there to catch me.
And that my brother doesn’t kill him.



     After reading the first book from this series, I just needed to have the second one. I loved Arrow in Dragon's Lair and especially after Mary's death, I really wanted to read his story. And I have to say that I was satisfied with this story. I didn't like it as much as the first one, but it was far from bad.

     It was a little strange reading about Arrow in this book since he was so different from the last one. Obviously Mary's death changed him but I didn't expect it to change him this much. I felt like he was depressed basically the entire time and he wasn't really fun to read about. He had his moments, but overall I missed the old Arrow. Regarding Anna, I didn't really connect to her either. Her personality was kind of annoying especially if you compare her to Faye. I liked that she was sassy and independent, but at times I thought she went overboard.

     The chemistry is another iffy part of this book. When I read a romance, I want to be able to see the two character fall in love. And in this book I saw glimpses of it. For most of it, I got the feeling that Arrow and Anna only loved each other based on physical appearance because there wasn't much else to go on. This again goes back to my issues with the characters themselves and lack of personality and complexity.

     The one thing that I really missed was the laugh out loud humor from the last series. There were a few funny moments but not as much as I was expecting. The tone was way more serious understandably, but still.To be honest, the most interesting and fun parts of the book were with the other characters. I loved Lana and Tracker and while Arrow and Anna were dull, they were electric. I am so excited to read their story in August. Talon was also such a surprising character who strangely I ended up liking. I loved Reid and Summer, and after looking at Chantal Fernando's books, I see that they have their own books which I am totally reading after I finish writing this.

     Overall, I didn't hate this book and didn't even dislike it. But I did think it was just okay. I guess I had too high expectations coming straight from the Dragon's Lair. I still highly recommend reading this book thought because although I had some issues with it, I think some people with absolutely love it.

ARC kindly provided by the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.



     Chantal Fernando is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling author whose novels include two books in the Maybe series—Maybe This Time and its follow up, This Time Around; and her latest releases, Toxic Girl and Saxon. When not reading, writing, or daydreaming, she can be found enjoying life with her three sons and family. She lives in Western Australia.


Links:

xxo,
A