Monday, November 10, 2014

The Retribution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin

The Retribution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin


Mara Dyer wants to believe there's more to the lies she’s been told.

There is.


She doesn’t stop to think about where her quest for the truth might lead.
She should.

She never had to imagine how far she would go for vengeance.
She will now.

Loyalties are betrayed, guilt and innocence tangle, and fate and chance collide in this shocking conclusion to Mara Dyer’s story.
Retribution has arrived.



    This is the final book of the Mara Dyer series. The end. The finale. I have been waiting for this book for a year now and November 4 finally came and I read it. And.. it was fantastic. Every single question will be answered. Until you get to the end, and then you'll have a whole bunch more questions.

    The story line was phenomenal as usual. The story got a little more intense and little more spooky as you would expect based off the end of The Evolution of Mara Dyer. Even then, there was still that perfect blend of humor and romance that just completes this book. There was more suspense and excitement and it was another story I couldn't put it down until the very ending. Even then, I had to go back and reread it just because I wasn't ready for the story to end.

    My power couple. Mara and Noah have been my favorites since the very first book and that didn't change. If anything, my love for them grew. For me, Mara and Noah's relationship is what I want in a relationship. The odds were against them, everyone believed they were over, and Mara, with everything else going on in her life, still had faith. Mara and Noah are such dynamic and independent characters, yet they're not complete without each other, and it is so clear in this book. The two of them go to hell and back and yet, their relationship just grows stronger. And in the end, they still are that young couple in love. But their love goes beyond hearts and flowers and it was conveyed flawlessly.

"This is a love story. Twisted and messy. Flawed and screwed up. But it's ours. It's us." 

    Michelle Hodkin has a way with words that make them flow. It's how she describes the feeling and emotions of these characters that bring them to life and make us live their story with them. And that is the magic about this series. It will bring you into this incredible story and not just will you see, but you will feel. I can't express my love for this series. You have to read it to feel it.

"The colors shone, burned through. Sienna and crimson and gold, and I swallowed my name from his mouth and he kissed his from my lips, and I was incandescent as I tripped into – bliss."



Links:


xxo,
A