Saturday, November 1, 2014

The Coincidence Series by Jessica Sorenson

The Resolution of Callie & Kayden by Jessica Sorensen


I've always held a soft spot for Callie and Kayden since the first book. I absolutely adored The Coincidence of Callie & Kayden. There was a strong story line with amazing characters and unbelievable chemistry. That book is probably my favorite Jessica Sorenson book.

Then came The Redemption of Callie & Kayden, which for me, was very disappointing. There was something missing and it didn't hold my attention like the first book. This book combined with Luke and Violet's story, lowered my expectation for Callie and Kayden's ending by a lot

Callie and Kayden are one of the most unique couples I have ever read about. It's been quite some time since I read the first book, and I have read many other books since, but I have never been able to get them out my head. Out of all of the characters in The Coincidence and The Secret series, they were the most realistic ones that I could picture in my head. Their pasts weren't over the top and their present wasn't fantasy. Callie is absolutely adorable and I loved her relationship with Grayson and how contrasting her personality was compared to Kayden's. Jessica Sorenson wrote this couple to define the saying, "opposites attract". 

This brings us to final installment of Callie and Kayden's story, The Resolution of Callie & Kayden. First off, props to a gorgeous cover. The models are exactly how I imagine the characters in my head. Secondly, it was an amazing finish. Restating, I had low expectations. And this last one brought them back up and reminded me exactly why I loved this couple in the first place. Everything tied together perfectly. Kayden's bittersweet ending that really could not have ended in any other way. The adorable and sexiness was back and it was a happy ending. Just like a truthful fairytale (Nudge nudge to anyone who's read the book). 

There is one line from the end of the book that absolutely melted my heart and I have gone back to read it whenever I just want to feel hopeful that there are guys like Kayden in the world.

“And his lean arms and broad shoulders that hold me whenever I feel sad." 

For me that line just proves how real their relationship was. If anyone ever asks me what my relationship goals are, the only thing I'm going to say is "Callie & Kayden".