Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Echoes of Scotland Street by Samantha Young

Echoes of Scotland Street by Samantha Young

Shannon MacLeod has always gone for the wrong type of man. After she drifted from one toxic relationship to the next, her last boyfriend gave her a wakeup call in the worst possible way. With her world shattered, she’s sworn off men—especially those of the bad-boy variety.

Cole Walker is exactly the sort that Shannon wants to avoid—gorgeous, tattooed, charming, and cocky. But his rough exterior hides a good man who’s ready to find “the one.” He’s determined to pull Shannon from her self-imposed solitude and win her heart.

As Shannon opens up in the face of Cole’s steady devotion, the passion between them ignites to blazing levels. But when Shannon’s past comes back to haunt her, her fears may destroy the trust Cole has built between them—and tear them apart for good…


"And I know I'm not perfect and I know you deserve perfect.. but I love you more than anyone else in this world and I promise you I'll never let you forget that again,"

Cole Walker. The world must be crazy if I'm the only one who has been dying for his story since Down London Road. He has been in every story since, and all that has done is increase the want for his story. This is also the last book in the series and it's about Cole, which means that there was probably a lot of pressure for the author while writing this book. But as usual, Samantha Young pulled it off.

Cole. Swoon. So incredibly sexy, it's indescribable. At the same time as being a super hot Scottish guy, he is also the sweetest male character in the series. He is the fairy tale prince that every girl wants. There isn't even a lot to say, because it's all been said before.

Shannon's character was a bit touch and go at first, which was to be expected. She has a past like all the other characters, and it played in well with the story. I hated how she treated Cole, but she had her reasons and it was justified. Learning more about her and her feelings towards Cole, changed my opinion of her to the same one I have of all the other females. Shannon wasn't weak. She had the reasons to be, but she wasn't. Despite everything that happened to her, she was still confident and had that spark that really makes me admire all Samantha Young characters. In the end, there could not have been a better match for Cole.

Their chemistry. It was enjoyable. It was hot and it was sweet. But there was something that I can't place that didn't do it for me. I don't know what it was, but it made their relationship as a whole seem kind of dull compared to the others. I mean, it was passionate and loving, but it wasn't my favorite relationship of the series, which isn't really a bad thing considering every book in this series is difficult to top. 

Aside from that,  this book was fantastic. And what made it even better, is that the entire crew was there. If you've been following this series, then I don't even need to tell you to read this book because you probably already are. If you're weird and haven't picked up On Dublin Street, then I very highly recommend that you do. This was a beautiful end to this series and I did cry because they hasn't and never will be a series that compares to this one. 

Links:


xxo,
A