Monday, June 23, 2014

The Fault in Our Stars

The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
         Don't roll your eyes at me. This was long long time coming. And after watching the movie, the feelings were too much for me to handle.

         I read The Fault in Our Stars back in 2012 and I loved it so much that I made my dad buy me my own copy. Like practically everyone, I fell in love with the story. John Green managed to create a masterpiece with his words. It is a story about cancer that doesn't focus on cancer. He doesn't focus on the bad side that most people see. He shows us the other side that so many of us overlook.

          Hazel and Gus's story is so much more than you would expect it to be. Yes, they both have cancer, but thats just one aspect of them. It doesn't control them or define them. They may have to do things a little differently, but in the end, they are two teenagers who's fate was written in the stars.

         I am a girl who has never been in love. And now, I just want a love like Hazel and Gus's. No, not the Amsterdam or egg-throwing part, but the feeling of loving someone with everything in me and having someone love me the same way. As if our lives depended on it. John Green was somehow able to convey the real and pure love between two characters. You would think that there would be no way that the message of true love could be conveyed in a fictional story, but it was. At least to me.

         And now, I just hope that I will be able to find a love as real as Hazel and Gus. To love someone so much that everyday you're happier than the day before. That you are someone's first choice. That despite all of life's plot twists, you manage to survive because of the person next to you. For now I can only dream, but one day I will have my own TFIOS story to tell.

         The Fault in Our Stars is also a book with all the quotes you need to survive in life. Not about how to get a job or what's the perfect house to buy, but how to cheer a friend up after a breakup and how not to stay positive when everything just seems to want to bring you down.
   I realize I probably sound like every other teenager that has been touched by this book, but there is a reason to this. The Fault in Our Stars is just that kind of book. 'Nuff said. This post is probably all over the place and doesn't make much sense, but this basically most of the thoughts running through my head. Of course I couldn't put in how gorgeously sexy Ansel Elgort is everything I'm thinking, or I would actually go beyond the world limit.

         After watching the movie, I sort of went into a TFIOS mode. Listening to the soundtrack, watching interviews. I basically became a TFIOS nerd. Best afternoon ever.

       So here are my favorite songs frem the soundtrack. Literally just been playing them on replay.

       Here are more of some of my favorite fan art drawings that go with this fantastic book. Whoever has created them, you got talent.



         Oh whoops. He happens to be real thankfully. Brb swooning.

Links:

         Going full out cheesy here.

        Okay?
        Okay.

A