Sunday, March 30, 2014

#tbt Favorites

        Today, we are going to be throwing it back all the way to elementary school. If you were looking for a more, mature post, then I would suggest coming back in four days because right now, it's time to be kid. Without further ado, here are my Top 5 Throwback Thursday Favorites.

   
Magic Tree House by Mary Pope Osborne
        Oh, the memories. These were one of my favorite series of all times throughout elementary school. Since I never read these in order, I would just gather all the books I could find in the library, and go with Jack and Annie to whatever adventure they were on. And at the time, I'm sure I learned some pieces of knowledge from these books that made me seem pretty smart at school.  Unfortunately, I lost interest in these because they started coming out too fast for me to catch up and it just confused me. But they are a fantastic series for any kids who want to learn about the world and its history in an entertaining way. 

  
Horrible Harry by Suzy Kline
        I don't know how popular these books were, but they were another one of my favorites. I did read the entire series and a few a couple times over, but it didn't matter how many times I read the book, it was like the first time all over again. These books are so entertaining, funny and creative, which essentially, is all you need for an elementary school chapter book. 

  
Amelia Bedelia by Peggy Parish
         If you have never read at least one of these books, go to your local library, and read them. Honestly, I think people of all ages can enjoy the humor and wit of Amelia Bedelia. She misunderstands simple sayings that we hear all the time, and does them literally. An example from one of the books, is when Amelia was told to "hit the road", she took a stick and hit the road. I cannot gush enough about these books, and they are literally the best books for any elementary school children.

 
The Amazing Days of Abby Hayes by Anne Mazer
        This series were a huge part of my elementary school days. These books are what inspired me to get a journal and start writing about my life, something that I still do today. In these books, we find out about Abby's life through her journals and her narration. We read about her family, her life, and everything she's learning. This is one of my favorite series that I recommend to any child who's in grade 4-6. The Amazing Days of Abby Hayes are entertaining, funny, and in my case, inspiring.

 
Junie B. Jones by Barbara Park
        This is the series that I will always remember and love. Whenever I used to go to the library, the first thing on my list was to get my Junie B. Jones books. I adored reading these books, and when I found out last year, that Barbara Parks had passed away, I was so sad. I mean, no more Junie B.? What is life? This series is from the point of view of kindergartner and later first-grader, Junie B. Jones, so we get to read about the world how Junie B. sees it and how she interprets it. If you know someone in elementary school, these are the perfect books to get them. You really can't better than Junie B. 


        If you did read any of these books while growing up, then hopefully, this was a nice trip down memory lane. If not, I will be going back to my "normal" type of posts, so no need to worry. 


Links:

Feeling nostalgic
xxo,
A