Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Under the Sea

I had this phase last year where I was obsessed with mermaid books. Any book with mermaids was immediately on my to-read list. Luckily my obsession has died down, but I do still enjoy my under the sea books. So in case you haven't figured it out, today's post is about my favorite mermaid books.

Now I have two equally favorite mermaid series that I would recommend. The first one is the Fins series by Tera Lynn Childs. The intended audience is middle schoolers but I personally think anyone can read it. It is one of the most hilarious series I have ever read. All the characters are very likable and the story line is fantastic. The series consists of three books: Forgive My Fins, Fins are Forever, and Just for Fins. The series is about Lily Sanderson, soon-to-be ruler of Thalassinia. She is currently living with her aunt living the normal teenage life. Her problem at the moment is that she is desperately in love with swimmer Brody Bennet. One kiss with him and they'll be bonded for life. Lily's plan can work if her annoying but sexy neighbor Quince can stay out of her business. There are so many romances out there, but I do think this is one the best ones.

“Some people find beauty in chaos.”
-Tera Lynn Childs, Forgive My Fins


My second favorite series is The Syrena Legacy by Anna Banks. This one is more towards high school, but once again, I think it can be read by anyone in need of their mermaid fill. This is another hilarious series that will have you laughing out loud. As of right now there are only two books published: Of Poseidon and Of Triton. The third and final book Of Neptune, is coming out this May. This series is about Galen, prince of Syrena who comes to land to find a girl who can speak to fish. While searching he runs into Emma who is on vacation with her best friend. When tragedy strikes, Galen realizes that Emma is the girl he's been searching for. And then starts the story of Galen and Emma. I absolutely adore this series. Of course it's all opinion, but this is one of the few series I cannot find a fault with.

“He’s your problem, but what a great problem to have.” 
-Anna Banks, Of Poseidon


Click the links to get to Amazon:



For more Tera Lynn Childs: http://teralynnchilds.com/
For more Anna Banks: http://byannabanks.blogspot.com/

xxo, 
A